Sunday, May 8, 2011

Who needs a coach...bah humbug!

It's funny but it is something that I hear quite a lot, who needs a coach... ah poppy cock or something like it and you know what some of the time I think the same. I know a coach wondering who needs a coach, and then it hit me, I need a coach. Well let's be a little more accurate as I have had a coach and she did a wonderful job for me at that time and in that space, but now? I have been searching for a mentor, an advanced coach in my book, for quite sometime. I have looked out into the world of the rich and famous, in particular in the area of my passion speaking and educating, and for a long time no luck.

There is an old saying that when the student is ready the teacher will appear, and did he appear! I soon reconnected with the power of finding the right mentor/coach to help you to propel your business forward. 

Part of the readiness is mindset and being completely open to making it happen. The other part is being open to possibilities that you can have any of your dreams come true. A lot of business leaders that I coach aim way to low and inevitably hit. The time has come to stop aiming low and to reach for the stars. Sometimes however we need help to not only imagine that reaching the star's is possible but help actually making it a reality. This is where the mentor or coach comes into its own. As a coach I knew that having a coach was important but I did not see the overwhelming benefits until last week. Sometimes to realise the need you must experience the benefits and this is exactly what I have done. You know the old saying a plumber has the worst plumbing etc...it's a little the same.

My mentor appeared almost out of no where, an old friend I had not seen for many months to be precise. The minute he told me about what he had been up to and the extraordinary success he had achieved by finding his mentor I knew I had to ask him. Thankfully he agreed to mentor me and in the brief conversation that we had I went out into the world with a new and excited vigour.

The power of having someone walking with you, in your shoes so to speak, and the comfort of having support is worth a fortune. We have only had our first catchup but in that time my mind has expanded into the possibilities and I can now see how I can make all my dreams a reality. I feel excited, motivated and determined to make my business as successful as I alway knew it could be.

So are you receiving the success that you know you deserve? Are you making as much money as you dream you could? How would life be different if you could make $5,000, $10,000 or $20,000 a month more than you do know? It may just be possible...so do you have a coach or mentor? 

If not, now is the time to find one. And if you are worried about the cost it's time to transcend whatever poverty consciousness you have and to trust that you can make it happen, with a little guidance.

So get a mentor/coach, set a goal and make it happen.

Have a great week and remember 'don't be afraid, anything is possible!'

Regards Marcus

P.S. Next week I want to share my experiences with Intrinsic versus Extrinsic Communication. It is important so tune in next Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment